- Adds missing I18n function call to make a string translatable
- Adds XML schema for image sitemap, props: stodorovic
- Adds schema.org meta-data on every page, instead of only on the homepage
- Adds the possibility to filter posts by readability score.
- Adds sanitization for the Twitter Image meta field
- Fixes use of
register_meta for usage in WordPress 4.6 and higher
- Initialize the providers on hook
after_theme_setup to make sure custom providers are added properly, props: stodorovic
- Changes the label of the "Bad" score to "Needs improvement" while filtering on SEO or readability scores.
- Added wpseo_pre_adjacent_rel_links filter to bypass built-in rel prev/next functionality.
- Introduces classes to allow collecting data in the Premium plugin.
- Renamed OnPage.org to Ryte.
- Allow WordPress WHIP messages to be dismissed for a period of 4 weeks.
- Adds a filter for word combinations that consist of a single one-character word.
- Adds aria-current to the onboarding wizard active step.
- Only load babel polyfill if it hasn't been loaded by another plugin yet.
- Adds a feature toggle to disable the link counter tool & link columns.
- Fixes a compatibility issue with WordPress 4.6.
- Fixes an issue where the link columns would disappear after quick-editing a post.
- Fixes a fatal error that could occur when trying to save a post that has ``-tags with invalid URLs in it.
- Fixes a bug where images via
https were not working, props Jannik Zschiesche.
- Fixes a bug where the whip notification can be shown multiple times.
- Introduces a module that counts links in the content.
- Adds Flesch Reading for Italian.
- Changes 'page title' to 'seo title' in the snippet preview.
- Changes recommended maximum sentence length for Italian from 20 to 25 words, based on more in-depth research.
- Implements the extracted version of the Algolia Search which is now present in
- Adds a banner for the structured data course.
Under the hood
- Introduces a database table to keep track of the linking structure. If the table cannot be created, a notification will be shown.
- When there are posts or pages to reindex, a notice will be shown.
- Fixes a bug where there were certain assessments missing when switching to cornerstone content.
- Fixes a bug where the configuration wizard button was visible for users who didn't have enough rights to access the configuration wizard.
- Fixes a bug where the column
ID was ambiguous, causing an SQL error.
- Fixes a bug where the category URL in the sitemap was encoded twice.
- Fixes a bug where an old upgrade notice is not removed.
- Removes the noodp advanced robots meta value as it is no longer used.
- Loads the translations only when the configuration wizard endpoint is called, instead of every time
rest_api_init is called.
- Fixes a bug where the tabs in the social and advanced metabox section are gone when keyword analysis has been disabled.
- Optimizes the way the cornerstone flag is saved.
- Analyzes the content using cornerstone assessors when a post or page is cornerstone content.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis wouldn't work on Internet Explorer.
- Adds transition words for Italian.
- Adds a new check in the analysis for the presence of at least one internal link.
- Fixes a bug where the
_yst_is_cornerstone meta value was not prefixed, causing some themes/plugins to output this meta value.
- Fixes a bug where style and script elements were parsed for the prominent words.
- Fixes a bug where the cursor pointer was in front of the metabox.
- Improves a language string, props Sören Wrede.
- Improves the configuration wizard with clear information about the configuration.
- Adds the ability to mark posts as cornerstone content.
- Fixes an issue in combination with WooCommerce 3.0 where the plugins would load incompatible select2 versions.
- Adds a check for the breadcrumbs-home option to prevent a blank entry being added to the crumbs array, props codemonkeynorth
- Throws a warning in the admin for the RS Head Cleaner plugin, because the plugin cloaks.
- Improves copy about Yoast SEO Premium benefits.
- Adds link to our knowledge base article about connecting your website to Google Search Console.
- Fixes a bug where a
span tag wasn't closed correctly, props lubobill1990.
- Fixes a bug where there were deprecation warnings shown when an existing author was being updated.
- Fixes a bug where the user received an 'insufficient rights' error when the advanced settings are disabled, but an advanced page is visited.
- Moves the options to disable keyword and content analysis from the general tab to the features tab.
- Improves styling of tables so they are viewable on mobile.
- Changes the links into shortlinks for the extensions page, helpcenter, facebook settings and premium popup.
- Fixes the width of the readability column on post overview, props rikayla.
- Improves feedback text for subheading too long assessment.
- Fixes a fatal error "Call to undefined method yoast_i18nset_api_url()". This error occurred with certain other plugins that also include the i18n-module.
- Fixes a bug where some strings wouldn't be translated.
- Makes the Yoast SEO menu top and first item visible in the responsive view.
- Fixes a bug where the yoast icon on the credits page wasn't displayed properly in some views.
- Improves the styling of the notification center.
- Improves the styling of the title separators.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemaps were being invalidated too often.
- Fixes a bug where the 'meta keywords' meta box section stayed visible when switching to the readability tab.
- Moves translations from translate.yoast.com to translate.wordpress.org.
- Improves the styling of the featured image warning and sends an audible message for screen readers.
- Makes the left sidebar of the meta box responsive.
- Removes unused heading from the meta box.
- Improves responsiveness for settings pages.
- Fixes a glitch in the notification center where a notification would be shown twice.
- Fixes a bug where the realtime analysis didn't work on term pages.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemap invalidation uses an expensive query to clean up old validators.
- Adds a mobile snippet preview.
- Adds a function that allows retrieving an option only when it's been autoloaded.
- Removes review banner from mobile, props abhinavkumar940.
- Adds labels to redirect checkboxes in the search console to improve accessibility.
- Fixes a bug where shortcodes would be kept in the content that would be analyzed, which would result in incorrect results.
- Fixes a bug where the user language would be used to analyze the content instead of the site language.
- Updates the banners on the admin pages.
- Improves accessibility by moving the Google Search Console reload button from the header.
- Allow for other plugins and themes to more easily add html namespaces through the new wpseo_html_namespaces filter.
- Prevent conflicts with other plugins/themes which also add html namespaces.
- Adds a check to prevent a "Cannot read property 'body' of undefined" error with tinyMCE that occurred with Visual Composer and some themes.
- Fixes a bug that prevented bulk actions to work in the Google Search Console.
- Fixed incorrect timezone for zero offset case (Atlantic/Azores instead of UTC).
- Makes tooltips on tabs icons accessible.
- Adds check to prevent sitemap from having empty image entries.
- Improves screenreader text for the readability tab.
- Adds a toggle for author and date archives.
- Adds several improvements for readability and consistent styling.
- Fixes a bug where the category picker would become slow with 1000+ categories, props Ron Willemse
- Fixes a bug with VoiceOver on the readability and keyword tabs.
- Fixes a bug where the configuration wizard couldn't go to the next step if PUT requests were disabled on the server.
- Includes a few design improvements in the analysis section of the metabox. Design is now more consistent.
- Makes sure author archives are disabled when a user confirms his site is single-author.
- The configuration wizard is now called "configuration wizard" consistently throughout the plugin.
- Makes sure the help center is now included on all Yoast SEO pages.
- Added a notification asking users to rate Yoast SEO on WordPress.org.
- Fixes a bug where the metabox was taking up too much space on small screens.
- Fixes a bug where the marking for consecutive sentences beginning with the same word was off by one.
- Fixes a bug where the Google Search Console integration wasn't working well on multisite.
- Fixes a bug where the newsletter signup always did a http request, causing mixed content errors on https sites.
- Fixes a bug where the admin bar would still show advanced settings when the advanced settings were disabled.
- Fixes a bug where apostrophes would be stripped from the focus keyword.
- Fixes a stored XSS issue in the Yoast SEO metabox. Thanks Hammad Shamsi for reporting and responsibly disclosing this issue.
- Fixed a bug in the 3.3.3 release that caused the release folder to not have a fix.
- Fixes a bug where the focus keyword is not shown for posts created using WordPress SEO 2.x.
- Removes non-minified files. This makes the download a lot smaller which will result in less cases of an incomplete or failed download.
- Add setting and user option to disable the content analysis; The SEO analysis will still be present.
- Change the overall content analysis bullet to be more lenient in non-English languages. This means it will be easier to get a green bullet for non-English languages.
- Fix issue where the settings export zip file could be read from the uploads folder after doing an export.
- Adds help center to google search console page when not connected to google search console.
- Adds video to the Yoast SEO dashboard to explain it.
- Ships the production version of React instead of the development version.
- Fixes a bug where the primary category wouldn't be in the permalink if
get_permalink was called outside the loop.
- Fixes a compatibility issue where we set
- Fixes a bug with redirects on a subsite in a multisite installation, props nicholas-eden.
- Fixes a bug where invalid HTML would throw a warning.
- Fixes a bug where reading server variables using
filter_input returns an empty result.
- Fixes a bug where the passive voice and transition words would be shown on non-english language
- Fixes a bug in the text analysis when there are more images, the alt tags are not analysed as expected.
- Fixes a fatal when the BCMath component has been disabled in the host environment.
- Fixes a fatal in wp-admin when certain plugins which hide the login are activated.
- Fixes a warning in the sitemap index when no post types are shown and a last modified date is being requested.
- Adds missing capability checks in AJAX request responses.
- Fixes a regression where the post URL would be numerical when no post title was set.
- Fixes an issue that would cause notifications not to be dismissed even though they should be.
- Fixes a bug where the update notification cannot be dismissed
- Fixes a bug where the notifications can be shown multiple times
- Fixes a bug where the text analysis was broken in certain languages in certain cases.
- Fixes bug where settings of the Advanced tabs "permalinks" and "rss" were no longer saved.
- Makes sure the permalink on the frontend also makes use of the primary category if one has been selected.
- Fixes a compatibility issue with the upcoming WordPress 4.5, where the Yoast SEO metabox and columns were no longer shown on taxonomy and term edit pages.
- Fixes a bug where the default category that was shown in the breadcrumbs was no longer the most deeply nested one.
- Fixes a bug where the file editor could be accessed by non admin users. Thanks Jörn Lund for the patch!
- Fixes a JS error on the post edit page that was caused when the WP slugeditor wasn't present.
- Fixes an issue where our indexability check would fail on installs with WordFence that have the "block fake Google crawlers" setting enabled.
- Fixes a bug where part of the Yoast SEO metabox was no longer translated.
- Fixes a bug where the post slug would be overwritten with the post ID in case a post was autosaved and did not have a title yet.
- Removes email notifications for OnPage.org indexability check. It caused more issues than it solved.
- Adds several UX improvements to the snippet editor, making it more clear it is editable.
- Fixes the recalculate tool that was broken with the Localized Flesch Reading ease change...
- Made it possible to opt out from the OnPage.org indexability check.
- Contains a few small performance enhancements in the Content Analysis.
- Only includes Flesch Reading ease test when site language is set to English, since it doesn't really add value in other languages yet.
- Fixes a lot of issues with dismissible notices. Thanks Craig Pearson for writing the patch!
- Fixes several issues with keyword recognition for keywords which contain punctuation.
- Fixes an issue where keywords containing diacritics were not recognized in alt tags.
- Enhancement: Made the "Analyze entire site" button have better color contrast and resemble JetPack. Thanks WPExplorer for the contribution.
- Fixes JS errors in combination with Give plugin, CMB2 Framework, ACF layout builder and any other plugin that replaces the editor with something else. Thanks a lot Daniel Seripap for fixing.
- Fixes a lot of text analysis issues for languages with non-latin scripts, including the "0% keyword density" issues.
- Fixes an issue where html tags were not stripped properly from taxonomy descriptions for custom taxonomies.
- Fixes possible "URI too long" errors when parsing shortcodes in the content before it is analyzed.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet preview was broken.
- Fixes a bug where users where getting error notifications about how their site was not indexable when in fact no check had been performed yet.
- Fixes a few broken links to help docs about the OnPage.org integration.
- Fixes an edgecase where the indexability check would go wrong for sites that filter the home url.
- Fixes a bug where the admin email that was sent to report the current indexability status was not rendered as HTML.