Give your store the edge with our AI-enhanced WooCommerce SEO tools! Rapidly generate standout product titles and descriptions that capture attention and convert. This AI update -- for which you need Yoast SEO Premium -- integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce, making your products irresistible to search engines and shoppers. Revamp your product SEO and watch your sales grow! Find out more about what's new in Yoast WooCommerce SEO 15.9 in our release post!
- Adds an edit button to the SKU and Product identifier assessments on product pages if the Yoast SEO Premium plugin is installed (version 20.12 or higher).
- Ensures compatibility of the breadcrumbs replacement feature with WooCommerce 7.9.0 when using blockified template for single products.
- Fixes a bug where the Yoast SEO metabox would not load when the short description metabox had been deactivated.
- Bumps the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 20.12.
- Sets the minimum supported WooCommerce version to 7.1.
- Sets the minimum supported WordPress version to 6.1.
- Makes the SKU and product identifiers assessments available for grouped products.
- Fixes a bug where new translations would not be translated.
- Bumps the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 20.6.
- Drops compatibility with PHP 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 6.2.
- Improves the Breadcrumb settings' link to point to a more specific section in the new Yoast settings.
- Makes product schema creation compatible with the latest Yoast Free changes
- Makes Woo SEO compatible with the indexable changes of the 20.2 release of Yoast SEO
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 20.2.
- Sets the minimum supported WordPress version to 6.0.
- Adds a
materialproperty to product pages’ schema.
- Fixes a bug where the Product description assessment would also appear under the Readability analysis tab when the Cornerstone content toggle would be switched on.
- Bumps the Yoast SEO minimum required version to 19.10.
- Ensures compatibility with the High Performance Order Storage feature in WooCommerce 7.1+.
- Sets the WordPress “tested up to” version to 6.1.
- Adds assessments for SKU and product identifiers. Product identifiers help search engines understand your products. To remind you to fill them out, we've added assessments that check whether products (or product variants) have an identifier. We use the details to fill in the necessary product schema that search engines love.
- Improves the Schema output for
priceSpecificationto match Google's recent changes to their guidelines.
- Adds a feature to select a custom taxonomy for products to describe their
patternin the Schema output.
- Fixes a bug where the Product Schema output would trigger a \"Duplicate field\" warning for the
colorproperty for non-variable products.
- Fixes a bug where two prices would be shown in the Slack integration metadata when a product is on sale.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 19.7.
- Makes Yoast WooCommerce SEO compatible with the new analysis edit buttons in Yoast SEO Premium.
- Sets the minimum supported WordPress version to 5.9.
- Sets the minimum supported Yoast SEO version to 19.5.
- Improves the readability analysis for English by adding a word complexity assessment for Product pages.
- Updates the Schema manipulation to follow the new best-practice for the
WebPagepiece introduced by Yoast SEO 19.3.
- Fixes a bug where the keyphrase distribution assessments would error, or fail to mark the found keyphrases in the text, when using keyphrases that include some regular expression control characters, for example brackets.
- Edits typo in id name for product variants identifiers.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 19.3.
- Adds a feature allowing users to add global identifiers (e.g., GTIN12, ISBN, etc.) to Product variations.
- Adds a feature to include global identifiers of Product variations to a Product's Schema.
- Adds variations' SKU and URL to a Product's Schema. Props to @jaredforth.
- Removes the
dateModifiedattributes on the
ItemPageSchema markup for a Product.
- Sets tested up WordPress version to 6.0.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 19.1.
- Improves the Schema on checkout pages by removing the default
ReadActionwe used to add there.
- Improves the Schema on product pages by replacing the default
- Sets the minimal required version for Yoast SEO to 18.6.
- Sets the minimum required WordPress version to 5.8.
- Adds a new
wpseo_schema_offerfilter that can be used to change the output of the offers attribute of the product schema. Props to Dekadinious.
- Adapts the Product description assessment for Japanese to use a character-based count, with a recommended length of 40-100 characters.
- Fixes a bug where an empty product identifier value could be output.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 18.0.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 5.9.
- Sets the WooCommerce tested up to version to 6.1.
- Ensure compatibility with Yoast SEO Free 17.8.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 17.8.
- Fixes a bug where the product identifier replacement variables
%%wc_mpn%%would not work in meta descriptions when retrieving posts using REST requests.
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error was thrown on the frontend of product pages when using the
%%wc_shortdesc%%snippet variable while running PHP 8.0.
- Fixes a bug where the
%%wc_brand%%snippet variable values were not displayed on the frontend.
- Makes WooCommerce SEO compatible with the latest version of Yoast SEO.
- Sets the minimum supported Yoast SEO version to 16.4.
- Add the rating, number of reviews, price and availability to the Google Preview for products to match Google's search results.
- Improves the
priceSpecificationSchema output to prevent warnings from Google Search Console.
- Fixes a bug where the Social Previews would not use Product Gallery images as a fallback for social sharing.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 5.7 and minimum supported WordPress version to 5.6.
- Sets the minimum supported Yoast SEO version to 16.3.
- Fixes a bug where a deprecation notice would be shown in the PHP debug log when visiting a product page.
- Makes the Schema Product type filterable.
- Shows the price and availability of a product in its snippet when sharing the product on Slack.
- Adds ‘WebPage’ as schema
@typeto Product pages and Checkout pages. This results in a
@typearray with at least 'WebPage' and 'ItemPage', or 'WebPage' and 'CheckoutPage'.
- Enables tracking when activating the plugin. This can be disabled in the Yoast SEO configuration wizard.
- Sets the minimum supported WordPress version to 5.4.
- Hides the Yoast SEO columns in the Products overview table by default.
- Fixes a bug where the organization schema for a primary term would error.
- Fixes a bug where a potential undefined variable notice was shown when toggling the 'prices have tax included' WooCommerce option.
- Fixes a bug where changing the product permalinks would not reset the permalinks in their respective indexables.
- Omits the
product:price:currencyog meta for variable and grouped products.
- Hides all Yoast columns in the Product overview page except the SEO Score column.
- Fixes a bug where the
twitter:imagemeta tag would not fall back on the first product gallery image when no main product image was set.
- Fixes a bug where all product gallery images would be output as
og:imageeven though a user had set a specific image for a product.
- Fixes a bug where thumbnail product gallery images were added to the XML product sitemap instead of full size images.
- Adds a
Term hierarchysnippet variable.
- Unifies the OpenGraph description fallbacks as per https://developer.yoast.com/features/opengraph/functional-specification.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 14.0.
- Sets the minimum supported Yoast SEO version to 14.0.
- Sets the minimum supported WordPress version to 5.3.
- Fixes a bug where PHP notices and a PHP warning were thrown for
Productschema without a price.
- Fixes a bug where the
priceValidUntilschema property wasn't output for products on sale with an explicitly set sale end date.
- Improves the Open Graph product availability for better compatibility with Facebook and Pinterest.
- Adds the product identifiers (GTIN, ISBN etc.) to the SEO title and Meta description replacement variables.
- Adds a
colorattribute to the
- We've tested with WooCommerce 4.0. Everything works as expected!
- Fixes a bug where the product price and tax inclusion were not accurately reflected in the Schema and Open Graph metatags.
- Removes the
valueAddedTaxIncludedSchema property when tax rate calculations are disabled in WooCommerce.
- Removes the 'Prices in Open Graph and Schema include tax' setting in the plugin. Whether tax is included in Open Graph and Schema now solely relies on your product page settings in WooCommerce.
- Fixes a bug where the internal linking and additional keyphrase functionality are missing from the product edit page.
- Fixes a bug where the short description for the meta description and Twitter and Facebook description could still contain HTML tags and redundant spaces.
- Adds explanatory copy above the input fields for GTIN, ISBN etc.
- Adds an option to display the price in Schema and OpenGraph with tax included.
- Fixes a bug where not all product attributes were available in the Brands and Manufacturer dropdowns.
- Fixes a bug where reviews weren't output in the Product schema when WooCommerce 3.8.1 was installed.
- Sets the minimum WordPress version to 5.2 and the minimum Yoast SEO version to 12.6.
- Replaces the HelpScout beacon on the WooCommerce SEO admin page.
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 12.1
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.7
- Fixes a deprecation notice when calling
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.6
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.5
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.4
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO 11.3