- Revamps the design for multiple focus keywords to fit in the new metabox and Gutenberg sidebar.
- Improves the UX of multiple focus keywords. Adding and removing keywords became easier.
- Fixes a bug where the keyword analysis was not updated after changing or adding synonyms.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis icon for additional keywords would be red for an empty keyword.
- Adds the Internal Linking section to the Gutenberg sidebar.
- Adds the Insights section to the Gutenberg sidebar.
- Improved plugin performance by lazy loading the
WPSEO_Redirects_Option instead of instantiating that on every request. Props to stayallive
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 8.0.
- Removes the Internal Linking meta box from the Gutenberg sidebar.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.9.1.
- Fixes a bug where the prominent words for attachments can't be indexed when the attachment has an other post status than trash, inherit or private.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet editor changes were not saved when the SEO Analysis feature is turned off.
- Shows a notification regarding the creation of redirects when deleting a category or tag.
- Introduces an action (
wpseo_premium_redirects_modified) that will be executed when a redirect has been added, edited or deleted.
- Adds the possibility to enter keyword synonyms.
- Adds an assessment the checks the distribution of the focus keyword in the text.
- Adds an assessment that checks the distribution of keywords and synonyms.
- Fixes a bug where advertisements were being displayed next to video tutorials.
- Fixes a bug where redirected URLs would show up in the sitemap.
- Filters out prominent word combinations ending in 's in English. Props to swekkiekekkie.
- Fixes a bug where non-public posts were given as a link suggestion.
- Fixes a bug where a redirect would redirect to the currently requested URL.
- Fixes a bug where the fallback for the Facebook title in the social preview was not showing the correct title.
- Fixes a bug where Yoast product advertisements were shown in the Help Center video tab.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis would only show results for the main keyword when multiple keywords are used.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis results were being hidden while they were being calculated.
- Adds WP-CLI commands to manage redirects. Use
wp yoast redirect to see the list of available commands.
- Fixes a bug where the link to run the internal linking count for orphaned content did not work.
- Fixes a bug where unpublished posts and password protected posts where taken into account in the orphaned content overview and notifications.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.6.0.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.5.3.
- Fixes a bug where the determination of "Orphaned content" tries to account for
noindex items, resulting in a lot of additional database querying.
- Adds Russian Insights and Linking Suggestions.
- Fixes a bug where the subdirectory is added twice to the origin form field when pressing the create redirect link on the adminbar.
- Fixes a bug where the subdirectory is stripped out of the redirect target when it's provided as a full url.
- Fixes a bug where posts set to
noindex would show in the orphaned content filter.
- Sets the maximum amount of Linking Suggestions to 10.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.5.
- Fixes a bug where the pagination overlaps the orphaned content information message, on post overview pages in combination with low resolutions.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.3.0.
- Fixes an issue where no new redirect was created after a parent/child relationship of a page was changed.
- Fixes an issue where reverting the parent/child relationship of two pages could result in a redirect loop.
- Removes plugin suggestions from the dashboard.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.2.0.
- Fixes a fatal error on the Import/Export pages where a method on an import status property is called which is not always available.
- Adds Portuguese Insights and Linking suggestions. Props to amesdigital.
- Adds SEO titles and meta descriptions to the focus keyword export.
- Removes unnecessary HTML from button.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 7.0.0.
- Removes the deprecated
WPSEO_Premium:: add_admin_pages method.
- Adds a new sentence to the Internal Linking analyzer after completing a full site scan. This gives you more insight into what the effects are of running the analyzer.
- Adds additional explanation on entries on the features tab.
- Adds links to explanatory articles on the features tab.
- Fixes a bug where a core WordPress function wasn't available when getting the
.htaccess file path on an Apache installation.
- Adds support for including custom post types in the prominent words recalculation process.
- Fixes a bug where the Regex redirects don't work anymore.
- Fixes a bug in the redirects where an url decoded origin isn't found when the request uri isn't decoded.
- Fixes a bug where on certain servers (using FastCGI) redirects could not be filtered.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 6.1.0.
- Converts the list of post types to a format which is compatible with the REST API format.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 6.0.0.
- Fixes an issue where any keyword except the first keyword would show the results of the first keyword.
- Insights are now shown in a separate section below the text analysis.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 5.9.0.
$wpseo_redirect_handler as this is globally available.
- Improved the copy of the notice that will be displayed when a post has been stored from the trash.
- Fixes a bug by removing the accessibility check of a redirect target for regular expression redirects because these are likely to be dynamic.
- Fixes a bug in the redirect search where the search string that starts or ends with a slash doesn't match with an expected result.
- Fixes a bug where the "focus keyword used in another post"-check could not detect when a keyword was used at the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th keyword spot.
- Fixes a bug where a user with granted
wpseo_manage_redirects would see settings which should not be shown.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 5.6.1.
- Introduces the
Orphaned content filter and notifications.
- Fixes an issue where the 'You are not receiving updates or support!' notification would be wrongfully shown on a sub-site of a multisite installation.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO 5.6.
wpseo_manage_redirects to allow any role or user to manage redirects without having to be an administrator.
- Added filter for filtering redirects by redirect-type.
- Added a tool to export Focus Keywords.