← Back to changelogs overview
Yoast SEO 8.3
- Fixes a bug where an incorrect time would be outputted in the
article:modified_time meta properties when a timezone with numerical UTC offset was used (e.g. UTC+10).
- Fixes a bug where the
article:modified_time meta properties would be localized. Props to AminulBD.
- Fixes a bug where the structured data rendered by the Gutenberg How-To and FAQ blocks was rendered on pages with multiple posts.
- Fixes a bug where snippet variables would not be replaced in the
og:description of taxonomies when they were added in the Facebook Description input field.
- Fixes a bug where
babel-polyfill would throw an error that there shouldn't be two instances of babel-polyfill.
- Fixes a bug where the
bold button was available in the How-to block's step title and the FAQ block's Question field while they were already bold by default.
- Fixes a bug that caused keywords beginning with the Turkish characters
ı not to be recognized when changing that character from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa.
- Adds a colon to the list of possible title separators.
- Adds a setting and filter (
wpseo_duration_text) to the how-to block that allows users to edit the text describing the time needed.
- Adds a help text to the readability analysis.
- Adds a notice to the Yoast SEO dashboard that is shown when both Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack plugins are active.
- Makes the duplicate content link on the archive settings open in a new tab. Props to nikhilbarar.
- Changes the notification message that is shown when a new SEO-related issue has been found.
- Uses the correct type as the second argument of the
wpseo_sitemap_exclude_empty_terms filter call when determining which taxonomies should have a sitemap. Props to liarco.
- Removes the executable bits on SVN assets. Props to mathieu-aubin.
- Introduces an API function to get all Yoast SEO-related capabilities. Props to JoryHogeveen.
- Changes the
@context property from
https://schema.org in the FAQ and How-To block's structured data output.
- Rename the
associatedMedia property in the FAQ and How-To block's structured data output to
image, to reflect a change in Google's guidelines.
- Moves the
name properties to the root of the FAQ block's structured data output.
- Nests the
Question objects in the newly introduced
mainEntity property in the FAQ block's structured data output.
- Removes the superfluous
position property from the How-To block's structured data output.