Yoast SEO 19.2 is out today! In this release, we've rolled out some improvements to the content and SEO analyses and we've added an integration with WordProof to timestamp privacy pages on the blockchain. Read more about what's new in Yoast SEO 19.2 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Adds support for
webpimages for OpenGraph output.
- Adds a notice that displays when Yoast SEO Premium is installed but not activated prompting the user to activate it.
- Adds a new filter
wpseo_change_home_urlthat allows changing the URL checked by the Ryte integration, to support more versatile hosting setups.
- Adds a
meta authortag to ensure that LinkedIn picks up the name of a post author properly.
- Adds the name of the article author to the
authorsection of the
Articleschema piece, to ensure that Pinterest picks up the name of a post author properly.
- Enables sorting on the SEO and readability score columns on the post overview page.
- Ensures the Bing XML sitemap ping is only sent if IndexNow is disabled.
- Prevents XML sitemap pings for blogs that aren't public.
- Improves the content analysis by excluding blockquote HTML elements.
- Improves the sentence recognition by disregarding abbreviations and initials as potential sentence boundaries.
- Improves the text analysis by not splitting sentences on semicolon ;.
- Improves the text analysis by supporting sentence detection for declarative sentences in quotation marks.
- Improves the text analysis in Elementor by not always splitting on ellipsis … regardless of whether the next sentence has a valid beginning or not.
- Fixes a bug that would cause the First-time configuration to crash when completing indexation with the Yoast admin bar menu hidden.
- Fixes a bug where filtering the OpenGraph and Twitter image to a URL containing ampersands would lead to encoding issues.
- Fixes a bug where HTML tags in the
og:descriptionmeta tag would be displayed encoded instead of being removed completely.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemap
image:locURLs containing ampersands would lead to encoding issues.
- Fixes a bug where notices would show an abnormally large heading in Yoast SEO Premium page.
- Renames the 'Keyphrase in title' SEO assessment to 'Keyphrase in SEO title'.