Yoast SEO 19.3 is out today! In this release, we’ve rolled out some improvements to our Schema structured data implementation. In addition, we also added an Insights tab with information about your content, improved our content analyses and a whole lot more. Read more about what's new in Yoast SEO 19.3 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Adds an Insights tab to the editors which contains the Flesch reading ease score and feedback, (estimated) reading time, and word count. Since the Flesch reading ease score has been moved to the insights tab, it is removed from the readability analysis.
- Changes the
@idof the main Schema
WebPagenode to be just the permalink for the current page, for interoperability with other plugins.
- Changes the logic of the Schema generation to prefer featured image and in-content images instead of OpenGraph and Twitter images.
- Uses the site logo set in the customizer as the logo in our Schema
Organizationoutput when a site has not set a logo in the Yoast SEO settings.
- Improves the author meta tag to be displayed only on posts.
- Adds a
wpseo_meta_authorhook to filter the content of the author meta tag.
- Improves sentence recognition for German by disregarding ordinal numbers as potential sentence boundaries.
- Adds canonical HTTP headers from RSS feeds to their parent URLs (for instance your homepage, or specific categories or tags), so the feeds themselves don't show up in search results.
- Makes sure the
linktag in the RSS feeds'
channelsection links to the most specific URL possible (for instance the category or tag the RSS feed is for) instead of the homepage.
- Makes sure the title separator chosen in Yoast SEO is used for RSS feed titles too.
- Fixes a bug where the focus keyphrase in the Wincher integration table on posts and terms would not be marked with an asterisk.
- Fixes a bug where a warning would be triggered when author data wasn't available for a post.
- Fixes a bug where disabled settings in the General page would be set to
Offupon saving the settings form.
- Fixes a bug where the desktop preview would show a truncated title, while the title length progress bar and title width assessment would indicate that the title length was still within the limits.
- Fixes a bug where the keyphrase density assessment errors, or fails to mark the found keyphrases in the text, when using keyphrases that include some regular expression control characters, for example brackets.