We've just released Yoast SEO 21.4. In this release, we've focused on general enhancements and fixes to improve how your WordPress SEO plugin functions. Find out more about what's new in Yoast SEO 21.4 in our release post!
- Introduces more robust HTML processing and highlighting for the keyphrase density and single H1 assessments.
- Improves the keyphrase matching in the keyphrase density assessment.
- Improves keyphrase matching in Japanese by being able to match keyphrase occurrences that contain upper case characters.
- Updates the list of HTML elements that should be excluded from the content analysis.
- Improves performance in getting the primary term. Props to nlemoine.
- Prevent database update requests on page loads when the site representation settings contain conflicting data. Props to jboonstra.
- Fixes a bug where highlighting was not applied to keyphrase occurrences that contained different types of apostrophes than
- Fixes a bug where PHP notice would happen when the sitemap index is generated on MySQL 8+.
- Fixes a bug where resource cleanup regarding emojis would cause a fatal error when enabling the
Remove emoji scriptsoption in the crawl optimization settings. Props to MishaBelikov.
- Fixes a bug where sentences would not be highlighted when square brackets were present in the same sentence.
- Fixes a bug where the first-time configuration' site representation logo button would not be translated. Props to fxbenard.
- Fixes a bug where the single title assessment would be triggered when adding a H1 without text.