Yoast SEO 19.8 is out now! In this release, we’ve mainly focused on enhancements, fixes, and other improvements. For instance, you’ll find improvements to our structured data implementation. Check it out! Read more about what's new in Yoast SEO 19.8 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Enhances the Schema breadcrumbs generation to make sure that empty list items are not included, preventing Schema validation errors.
- Adds a
X-Robots-Tag: noindex, followheader to all comment feeds to prevent them from being indexed, reducing duplicate content.
- Removes two notifications from the Yoast SEO dashboard: the one suggesting enabling auto-updates, and the one suggesting activating an add-on that is installed but currently inactive.
- Forces the
twitter:cardmeta tag to the preferred
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown on WordPress.com using PHP 8.0 in relation with the Debug Bar.
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown when the
php_uname()function is disabled by the web hosting provider and usage tracking is enabled.
- Fixes a bug where changes in the replacement variables (e.g. the value of the
%%title%%replacement variable when the post title changes) would not be reflected in the Meta description length, the SEO title width, and the Keyphrase in SEO title assessments.
- Fixes a bug where passing
wpseo_robotsfilter would result in a
max-image-preview:largerobots meta directive instead of the desired
- Fixes a bug where robots meta tags would be unintentionally synchronized between pages in different languages when using multilingual plugins like WPML or Polylang.
- Fixes a bug where the query parameters from an image URL would be omitted in the sitemap.xml.
- Fixes a bug where the sidebar issue counter would show a wrong number of issues, on the first page load after an issue was resolved.
- Fixes a bug where Yoast SEO would conflict with Elementor, when Yoast Premium or Yoast News or Yoast Video is active, throwing console errors.
- Deprecates the