Yoast SEO 18.0 is out now! This release contains a number of bug fixes and a couple of enhancements. We've enhanced schema presentation for non-alphanumeric languages and made several improvements in both the SEO and readability analysis of the Japanese language. Read more about what's new in Yoast SEO 18.0 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Limits a potentially slow query to certain routes, which makes it so it gets called fewer times.
- Enhances schema presentation for languages that are not alphanumeric. Props to sous-studio.
- Fixes a bug where removing an image from our Facebook Preview and Twitter Preview modals could lead to a confusing experience due to focus loss.
- Fixes a bug where clicking outside of a Yoast modal in the block editor would not close the modal.
- Fixes a bug where Japanese keyphrase enclosed in double quotes failed to be recognized in Keyword in meta description, Keyword density, Keyphrase distribution, Keyphrase in introduction, Keyphrase in image text and in Keyphrase in subheading assessments.
- Fixes a bug where synonyms enclosed in double quotes in the Link keyphrase assessment failed to be recognized even when there were exact matches in the anchor text.
- Fixes a bug where incorrect assessments were shown for keyphrases only consisting of function words in Japanese.
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown if the link count of a corrupt indexable item would get updated.
- Fixes a bug where the title tag would not be correct in Full Site Editing themes.
- Fixes a bug where the text length assessment would count URLs from videos loaded in the article in the total amount of the copy characters in Japanese.
- Fixes a bug where Japanese full stops in a text would be counted as three characters instead of one.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 5.9.
- Sets WooCommerce tested up to version to 6.1.