Yoast SEO 16.5 is out today! This release comes with a number of fixes and enhancements. For instance, easier social media settings, better understanding of the Turkish and Czech languages and improvements to the breadcrumbs schema output. Read all about it in our release post!
- Improves passive voice recognition for Turkish.
- Improves accuracy of the Czech passive voice assessment by separating clauses based on punctuation marks, and by expanding the list of stopwords.
- Changes the breadcrumbs schema output so Google can understand it better.
- Moves the social settings for the homepage from the Social > Facebook tab, to Search Appearance > General.
- Improves the organization of the Search Appearance > General tab, with distinct collapsibles for the Title Separator, the Homepage settings and the Schema.org settings.
- Introduces a notice to be displayed in Search Appearance > General in place of the Social settings for the Homepage when Open Graph is disabled.
- Introduces an image validation warning for the Homepage social image and the Default social image to warn about unsupported file extensions.
- Improves spacing, headings and toggle labels in the Search Appearance settings, and makes the forms more consistent.
- Less is more: removes a whole bunch of ads from the Yoast SEO admin screens.
- Optimizes subscription validations made by Premium add-ons.
- Improves the truncation of the
primary_focus_keywordfield in the database to handle multibyte characters. Props to rickhurst.
- Introduces a partial integration of the Yoast SEO meta box in the Web Stories WordPress editor. Props to swissspidy.
- Fixes a bug where
max-image-preview:largewould be output in the robots meta tag in combination with
- Moves the 'Force rewrite titles' toggle into a separate paper in the General Search Appearance settings.