This release contains tons and tons of bugfixes, thanks in large part to Jrf, who now has commit rights to the code on Github directly. Please join me in thanking her for her efforts!
- Our GitHub repository moved to https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo, old links should redirect but please check.
- Switch to stock autocomplete file and fix clash with color picker, props Heinrich Luehrsen.
- Prevent strip category base code from breaking Custom Post Type rewrites, props Steve Hulet.
- Fixed issue with canonical links on last page of paginated posts - props maxbugfiy
- Fixed bug in shortcode removal from meta description as reported by professor44 - props Jrf.
- Fixed bug preventing saving of taxonomy meta data on first try - props Jrf.
- Fixed small (potential) issue in wpseo_title_test() - props Jrf.
- Fixed bug where RSS excerpt would be double wrapped in
<p>tags as reported by mikeprince - props Jrf.
- Fixed HTML validation error: Duplicate id Twitter on Social tab - props Jrf.
- Fixed undefined index notice as reported by szepeviktor.
- Fixed error in a database query as reported by Watch Teller - props Jrf.
- Fixed small issue with how styles where enqueued/registered - props Jrf.
- Fixed bug in alt text of score dots as reported by Rocket Pixels - props Jrf.
- Applied best practices to all uses of preg_ functions fixing some bugs in the process - props Jrf.
- Fixed bug in processing of
%%ct_%%as reported by Joy - props Jrf.
- Fixed: no more empty og: or twitter: tags. Also added additional escaping where needed - props Jrf.
- Fixed: Meta description tag discovery looked in parent theme header file even when a child theme is the current theme - props Jrf.
- Fixed: Using the 'Fix it' button would remove the meta description tag from the parent theme header file, even when a child theme is the current theme - props Jrf.
- Fixed: Using the 'Fix it' button would fail if it had already been used once (i.e. if a wpseo backup file already existed) - props Jrf.
- Fixed repeated unnecessary meta description tag checks on each visit to dashboard page - props Jrf.
- Fixed: Meta description 'Fix it' feedback message was not shown - props Jrf.
- Mini-fix for plugin_dir_url - props Jrf.
- Fixed Author Highlighting to only show authors as possible choice for Google+ Plus author as reported by Sanoma - props Jrf.
adjacent_rel_links()for Genesis users - props benjamin74 for reporting.
- Replace jQuery .live function with .on(), as .live() has been deprecated and deleted. Props Viktor Kostadinov & Taco Verdonschot.
- Fix how breadcrumbs deal with taxonomy orders. Props Gaya Kessler.
- Fixed some PHP warnings
wpseo_pre_analysis_post_contentfilter. This allows plugins to add content to the content that is analyzed by the page analysis functionality.
wpseo_genesis_force_adjacent_rel_homefilter to allow forcing of rel=next / rel=prev links on the homepage pagination for Genesis users, they're off by default.
$wpseo_metaboxa global, props Peter Chester.
- No need to show Twitter image when OpenGraph is showing, props Gary Jones.
- Make sure WPML works again, props dominykasgel.
- Added checks for the meta description tag on theme switch, on theme update and on (re-)activation of the WP SEO plugin including a visual warning if the check would warrant it - props Jrf.
- Added the ability to request re-checking a theme for the meta description tag. Useful when you've manually removed it (to get rid of the warning), inspired by tzeldin88 - props Jrf.
- OpenGraph image tags will now also be added for images added to the post via shortcodes, as suggested by msebald - props Jrf.
- Added 'wpseo_breadcrumb_single_link_with_sep' filter which allows users to filter a complete breadcrumb element including the separator - props Jrf.
- Added 'wpseo_stopwords' filter which allows users to filter the stopwords list - props Jrf.
- Added 'wpseo_terms' filter which allows users to filter the terms string - props Jrf.
- Hide advanced tab for users for which it has been disabled, as suggested by jrgmartin - props Jrf.
- Updated Facebook supported locales list for og:locale
- Updated languages tr_TK, fi, ru_RU & da_DK
- Added language hi_IN
- Updated wordpress-seo.pot file