← Back to changelogs overview
Yoast SEO 3.2
- Adds an option to disable post format archives.
- Adds template function to retrieve the primary term. The functions are yoast_get_primary_term_id and yoast_get_primary_term.
- Enables primary term for every taxonomy by default.
- Adds a primary category replacement variable:
- Adds a Yoast help center to every settings page with a screencast explaining that specific page.
- Introduces new help buttons in place of qtip, which makes these descriptions much more accessible.
- Adds pinterest icon to the pinterest settings tab.
- Clarifies the text on the pinterest settings tab.
- Improves searchability of select inputs by using select2.
- Adds filters to customize sitemaps' , props Mark Walker.
wp_register_style on init so other plugins can customize our assets.
- Changes minimum text length content analysis check for terms to require 150 words instead of 300.
- Removes analyses from the term analysis that weren't applicable to terms.
- Improves code architecture of sitemaps.
- Moves the OnPage.org settings to the webmaster tab.
- Improves performance when importing or migrating posts, thanks sun.
- Adds caching to empty sitemaps.
- Adds parsing of shortcodes before recalculating all posts.
- Improves detection of static xml sitemaps.
- Makes sure external links in the metabox open in a new window, props Borja Abad.
- Makes the descriptions on the archives tab of the titles and meta's more clear.
- Removes noydir setting since Yahoo! directory doesn't exist anymore.
- Removes other tab from the import screen, these plugins have all been deprecated.
- Removes all settings to hide specific tags inside the head.
- Improves accessibility of add keyword modal.
- Improves accessibility of metabox.
- Switches all yoa.st links to be HTTPS.
- Removes Google+ specific post and term meta fields since Facebook and Google+ metadata were conflicting.
- Moves the replace vars help docs to the help center module on the titles and meta's settings page.
- Fixes a bug where the breadcrumbs title field was hidden even though the theme supported breadcrumbs.
- Fixes a bug where underscores in like queries weren't correctly escaped, thanks Konstantin Kovshenin and Damian Hodgkiss
- Fixes a bug where text inside a [caption] shortcode wouldn't be removed correctly in auto generated meta descriptions, props Kevin Lisota
- Fixes a bug where a message to add headings to the text would only be shown if a keyword was set.
- Fixes a bug where a message to add links to the text would only be shown if a keyword was set.
- Fixes compatibility issues with plugins that included mootools or prototypejs.
- Fixes a bug where the 404 page didn't correctly have a noindex and a nofollow set.
- Fixes a bug where internal taxonomies would be shown in the sitemap exlusion settings.
- Fixes a bug in the activation and deactivation where we would execute our code for every network, props Felix Arntz.
- Fixes a bug where the primary category wasn't taken into account when calling
get_permalink on the frontend.
- Fixes a compatibility issue with MultilingualPress, props Thorsten Frommen.
- Fixes compatibility issues with Easing Slider and WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos.
- Fixes a bug where the descriptions for removing the stopwords and the ?replytocom were merged.
- Fixes a bug where the recommended Facebook image dimensions weren't the same as the Facebook documentation.
- Fixes a bug where the dashboard widget wasn't cached correctly, props Marko Heijnen
- Fixes a bug where the sitemaps weren't cached correctly on 32 bit systems.
- Fixes an issue where multi term archives didn't have a noindex set.
- Fixes a bug where we would do an AJAX request on every keystroke in the focus keyword field.
- Fixes a bug where we would check for shortcodes on every keystroke in the content field.
- Fixes a bug where rewrite rules wouldn't be flushed correctly on plugin activation.
- Fixes a bug where the GlotPress banner wouldn't load on HTTPS sites.