Create a more inclusive online world with Yoast SEO 20.1. Our improved inclusive language analysis provides real-time feedback and offers suggestions to help your content reach a broader audience. For our Premium users, there's a bonus - a new Mastodon integration to take your online presence to the next level. Get it now! Find out more about what's new in Yoast SEO 20.1 in our release post!
- Adds a link to the first time configuration in the plugin overview when this is not completed yet.
- Adds the site name to the Google preview for mobile.
- Improves the inclusive language analysis by expanding the number of non-inclusive phrases recognized as well as by improving the feedback, for example by adding more inclusive alternatives or fixing inconsistencies. Specifically, this includes the following changes:
- Adds word form support (singular vs. plural, different verb forms) for some non-inclusive phrases.
- Improves the feedback strings and suggested alternatives for phrases containing the terms "crazy" and "OCD".
- Improves the feedback strings pertaining to medical conditions.
- Improves the feedback strings for "binge", "preferred pronouns", and "preferred name".
- Changes the scoring and improves the feedback string for "ladies and gentleman".
- Changes the feedback in the publish box from "OK" to "Potentially non-inclusive".
- Excludes the phrases "binge drinking/drinks/drink" and "exotic shorthairs/longhairs" from being targeted as non-inclusive.
- Fixes a bug where the Format archives settings would not work correctly when the
post_formattaxonomy is disabled.
- Fixes a bug where the Media pages settings would not work correctly when the
attachmentpost type is filtered out via
- Fixes a bug where the highlighting feature in the Classic editor would not work when inline HTML tags were present.
- Fixes a bug where the settings' introduction modal would not be visible on wider screens with less than ~700 pixels height.
- Fixes a bug where
wpseo_opengraph_image_sizeis used to set custom size to
og:imagebut doesn't work when uploading an image with the same size as the custom size.
- Improves the translations comments in Settings > Site connections and a translatable string used by screen readers.