Yoast SEO 19.10 is out today. This release mostly consists of bug fixes and enhancements. In addition, we’re getting our WordPress plugins ready for the upcoming High Performance Order Storage feature in WooCommerce 7.1+. Update now! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO 19.10 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Improves the call-to-action feedback string of the Flesch Reading Ease insight when the text is recognized as fairly difficult.
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown in the classic editor in combination with certain plugins that misuse metabox hooks.
- Fixes a bug where users with site-wide basic access authentication would be prompted to insert their credentials when saving a post in Elementor if they didn’t have the manage_options capability.
- Fixes a bug where Yoast SEO-related post meta data would not be saved if a user without the manage_options capability would save a post in Elementor.
- Deprecates the hooks used to add custom content to the Yoast SEO settings pages, in preparation for future releases. The following hooks have been deprecated: wpseo_tools_overview_list_items, wpseo_settings_tab_crawl_cleanup, wpseo_settings_tab_site_analysis, Yoast\WP\SEOdmin_author_archives_meta, Yoast\WP\SEOdmin_date_archives_meta, Yoast\WP\SEOdmin_post_types_beforearchive, Yoast\WP\SEOdmin_post_types_archive, Yoast\WP\SEOdmin_taxonomies_meta, wpseo_admin_other_section, wpseo_admin_opengraph_section, wpseo_admin_pinterest_section, wpseo_admin_twitter_section, wpseo_import_other_plugins.
- Ensures compatibility with the High Performance Order Storage feature in WooCommerce 7.1+.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 6.1.