Say hi to Yoast SEO 19.0! This release helps make your sitemaps available to Bing, we've updated Yoast SEO to add your XML sitemap link(s) to your robots.txt file — if you want. Plus: we've fixed a couple of bugs with Elementor and our readability analyses. Happy updating! Read more about what's new in Yoast SEO 19.0 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Following a change of policy by Bing, we now reference the XML sitemap in the robots.txt file to make it discoverable for search engines.
Disallow:in the default robots.txt file to follow our best-practice guide.
- Fixes a bug where an error in saving the Site representation step of the First-time configuration would not block the advancement to the next step.
- Fixes a bug where editing an existing post created in the Block editor in Elementor would result in an analysis result discrepancy.
- Fixes a bug where items in lists were not excluded for the readability assessment that checks whether consecutive sentences do not begin with the same words.
- Fixes a bug where outdated information is shown in the First-time configuration Social profiles step
- Fixes a bug where saving an invalid organization name in the First-time configuration would fail without feedback.
- Fixes a bug where the schema would not be updated with the new logo when the user changed it via the First-time Configuration.
- Fixes a bug where the titles of the steps in the First-time configuration would not be translated.
- Fixes a bug where users would be able to leave a step containing errors by clicking another step's edit button.
- Adds a Crawl settings tab in the General page with an upsell to Premium.
- Adds a Redirects page with an upsell to Premium.
- Deprecates the configuration workout classes.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 6.0.