Yoast SEO 16.1 is out today! It features several enhancements and fixes that make the plugin chug along nicely. Happy updating! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO 16.1 in our release post!
- Improves the performance of the SEO data indexing process by optimizing the queries used for fetching unindexed objects.
- Adds your OpenGraph or Twitter image as the main image in Schema when they're set.
contentUrlto the schema image output.
- Improves the performance of the post indexing. Props to Ovidiu Liuta.
- Improves the URL in the Google preview when in the desktop mode.
- Improves the performance of loading the person & organization logo in Schema.
- Improves the performance by optimizing several calls to WP path and basename functions by using already defined and calculated constants.
- Removes the keyphrase highlighting in the mobile meta description to reflect new Google behavior.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis highlight button would be visible in our Elementor integration even though we don't support it.
- Fixes a bug where a warning was shown on the Features settings page when running the plugin on PHP 8.0.
- Fixes a bug where a warning was shown on the Integrations settings page when running the plugin on PHP 8.0.
- Fixes a bug where, on a multisite installation, enabling/disabling auto-updates for Yoast SEO would not automatically enable/disable auto-updates for Yoast SEO Premium and the other Yoast add-ons.
- Fixes a bug where the breadcrumbs aren't updated properly when editing a post via the quick edit.
- Fixes a bug where the rewrite rules would not always be flushed on plugin activation.