← Back to changelogs overview
Yoast SEO 14.9
- Fixes a bug where the page number was not shown in the breadcrumb for paginated series.
- Fixes a bug where the
.htaccess file editor would not work due to
get_home_path() not being a writable path. Props to druesome.
- Fixes a bug where port numbers in the indexable permalinks were missing (when applicable).
- Fixes a bug where the indexables table would contain incorrect permalinks for posts if the term slug had been changed and the post permalink contains the term slug.
- Fixes a bug where the indexables table would contain incorrect permalinks for pages if the slug of the parent page had been changed.
- Fixes a bug where a warning would occur when a query was unsuccessful while indexing post type archives. Props to Sekiphp.
- Fixes a bug where closing parentheses would always be regarded as sentence endings in RTL languages.
- Fixes a bug where closing parentheses would always be regarded as sentence endings when followed by an upper-case letter.
- Adds an update notification for major and minor releases.
- Improves the SQL performance by not performing unnecessary update queries when updating a post’s public status.
- Optimizes performance by preventing regular database queries.
- Improves keyphrase recognition in Polish by filtering more function words.
- Improves the feedback string in the Keyphrase in Subheadings assessment by making it more explicit.
- Improves all keyphrase-based assessments for Hebrew by filtering function words and allowing keyphrases to be recognized in the text when preceded by a prefix (e.g., “כ” or “ל”).
- We already had a filter available to change the default Schema Article type (
wpseo_schema_article_post_types), but it wasn't called anywhere. Now it is.
- Adds the weekly cron schedule to the
cron_schedules filter to prevent overwriting the one WordPress adds. Props to peter-webbird.
- Merges the googlebot and bingbot meta tag values into the robots meta tag value and deprecates the