We have a new release for you: Yoast SEO 14.6. This release has some pretty cool enhancements. For example, we’ve added another helpful indicator in the editor that shows you your scores for a particular post quickly. Read more about those changes in our release post!
- Improves the editing experience in the Social tab, and gives it a dab of fresh paint.
- In the sharing metadata used for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and many other sites, we now output the post title instead of the SEO title. This prevents the brand name from being added in most cases, which is better on those platforms. You can still set a specific sharing title on the Social tab of the Yoast SEO post settings.
- Makes the plugin icon in the editor reflect the SEO and Readability score.
- Improves keyphrase counting in Indonesian by not counting '-' as a word boundary.
- Improves the feedback text for the keyphrase in title assessment to make clear that an exact keyphrase match is necessary.
- Improves the recognition of keywords in the slug if they contain a hyphen (for example: re-duplicated, on-the-go).
- Improves the transition words analysis for Russian.
xmlrpc.phpfile and all possible ways to request it, removing them from Google’s search results.
- For privacy reasons, no longer shows whether an email address is already subscribed to the newsletter.
- Fixes a bug where the comment count would be output for Articles that did not accept comments. Props to gr8shivam.
- Fixes a bug where the social previews did not reflect the
og:imagetag correctly in situations where the first image in the content was used as a fallback.
- Fixes a bug where slashes in titles and open graph titles were removed before they were used as a replacement variable. Props to Jon Christopher.
- Fixes a bug where a
get_plugins()undefined error would be thrown if there was already a
plugin.phploaded via the
inithook by another plugin. Props to Krishna Kant.
- Fixes a bug where there was no border on the bottom of metabox tabs without any collapsible sections.
- Fixes a bug where "array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array" issues could appear under specific circumstances. Props to chteuchteu.
- Removes functions, class variables and classes that were deprecated prior to version 11.5.
- Adds a quick cache, which caches the result for 1 minute, so we don't do the same call the my.yoast.com twice on a pageload.
- Introduces the
--skip-confirmationargument to run our wp-cli reindex command without confirmation prompt.
- Yoast SEO had many scripts that relied on many localized objects. In an effort to improve maintainability we have combined all those objects into one:
wpseoTermScraperL10nremain available for backward compatibility. Plugins that tap into our objects will need to update their code.