- Adds realtime content analysis to the Yoast SEO metabox for all post types and taxonomies.
- Adds a tool to recalculate all SEO scores using the new client side analysis.
- Adds a content analysis plugin for parsing shortcodes before the content is analyzed. This means the snippet preview will now take the rendered content of shortcodes into account.
- Adds a content analysis plugin for parsing replace vars before the content is analyzed, allowing templates set in the Yoast SEO admin to work everywhere.
- Adds a weekly check if the homepage is indexable (in collaboration with OnPage.org).
- Adds possibility to import titles, metas and settings from the WPSEO.de plugin.
- Adds possibility to set Facebook (Opengraph), Twitter and Google+ metadata for taxonomies.
- We've completely revised the UX of the Yoast SEO metabox. We've introduced multiple sections which in turn can contain one or more tabs.
- Makes the Yoast SEO metabox on the taxonomy edit page the same as on the post edit page.
- Makes sure the capability for the General Settings menu is also
- Adds a fix to the tour allowing for multiple plugins to use WP pointers at the same time.
- Makes sure all Yoast SEO settings pages are also accessible through the WP admin bar.
Fixes a bug where the
og:imagewould not be set, even when a default image was available.
Fixes a bug where the links in the sitemap would 'randomly' change from https to http or the other way around (in very rare circumstances).
Fixes a bug where it was not possible to upload different images for different social media in the post metabox.
Fixes a bug where users would see the after-update notice, but were not allowed to visit the about page.
Fixes a bug where we were not properly splitting taxonomy metadata when a shared taxonomy term got split through a Cron job, props Daniel Homer.
Other notable changes:
apply_filtersin WordPress. Allows for filtering data before it is analyzed. See YoastSEO.js.
wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content. Alternative: Modifications API.
wpseo_metadesc_length. Functionality removed.
wpseo_metadesc_length_reason. Functionality removed.
wpseo_body_length_score. Alternative: Content Checks API.
wpseo_linkdex_results. Alternative: Content Checks API.
wpseo_snippet. Functionality removed.