With Yoast SEO 20.4, you can reduce your site's carbon footprint and improve your SEO with just a few clicks. The crawl optimization settings let you turn off crawling for certain URLs, scripts, and metadata that WordPress automatically adds. Previously only available in Premium, but now available for all! Find out more about what's new in Yoast SEO 20.4 in our release post!
- NEW in Free: Adds the crawl optimization features to Yoast SEO Free, enabling 13M+ users to reduce their website's carbon footprint!
- Adds a hook to adapt the meta query used to filter the post overview based on the focus keyphrase.
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error related to HelpScout would be thrown when using a version of a Yoast add-on older than 2 years.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP warning would be thrown when exporting Yoast settings.
- Fixes a bug where the Google preview in the Block editor would show the post ID in the breadcrumbs when creating a new post, or it would show the slug twice or show
auto-draftwhen creating a new page or custom post. This would only happen before (auto-)saving the post.
- Fixes a bug where the previously used keyword assessment would potentially link to an empty page of results when the focus keyphrase had been used across different post types.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 6.2.