← Back to changelogs overview
Yoast SEO 2.0
- Simplified and revised Admin menu's:
- Moved all advanced functionality to one "Advanced" submenu page.
- Moved the bulk editor, the export functionality and the file editor to one "Tools" submenu page.
- Improved consistency and usability of settings pages by having them use exactly the same, tab-based, styling.
- Made it easy to output structured data for social profiles, person and company profiles, for use in Google Knowledge Graph.
- Makes sure the user is redirected to the last active settings tab after saving.
- Fixes a bug where custom field variables were no longer working in the snippet preview.
- Fixes a bug where the $post global was emptied by our Frontend class, causing conflicts with other plugins.
- Fixes a bug where variables weren't replaced in the og:description meta tag.
- Fixes a bug where the breadcrumbs caused an undefined variable notice.
Under the hood:
- Contains an incredible amount of code style improvements, making the code cleaner and more readable.
- Makes sure every function in the plugin is documented using PHPDoc by having it checked automatically by the Codesniffer.
- Refactored a lot of legacy code in the admin, mainly with regard to the way output is rendered. Provides for a better separation of concerns, making the code more comprehensible and re-usable.
- Deprecated a large amount of form methods and moved them to the
Yoast_Form class. Click here for the list of deprecated methods.
- Deprecated a large amount of utility functions and moved them to the
WPSEO_Utils class. Click here for the list of deprecated functions.