Yoast SEO 12.2 is a release full of the regular bug fixes and enhancements, but also a new addition to meta robots. Last week, Google announced a new way to give publishers more control over what the search engine can show in the results. This change, however, seems not driven by customer demand, but rather by law. Find out what this is all about and why we chose to automatically opt sites in for this in our 12.2 release post!
- Adds default robots meta settings to opt in to all snippet display features, to prevent affected websites in Europe from having snippet display issues.
- Adds an alert to the configuration wizard and the knowledge graph settings that is shown when organization information is missing.
- Fixes a bug where the banners in the sidebar were no longer responsive.
- Changes all mentions of the Yoast SEO for WordPress training, which is now free.
- Combines the 'Newsletter' and 'You might like' steps in the configuration wizard to a step called 'Continue learning'.
- Removes the colon from the form labels at the settings pages.