Release history tells us that the releases in the months of July and August are usually very quiet and not 'that notable'. Due to vacations from team members, the focus is usually on fixing bugs and cleaning up. Not for Yoast SEO 11.8! This new release gives us an enhanced metabox, bug fixes and the help of contributors from outside the company! Find out all about Yoast SEO 11.8 in our 11.8 release post!
- Moves advanced SEO settings to a collapsible in the SEO tab.
- Social settings tab in the metabox now contains collapsibles instead of tabs.
- Adds style for padding to the metabox menu to avoid it being overwritten by custom editor styles. Props to @emilyatmobtown.
- Improves sanitization of the schema output.
- Fixes a bug where the
WP_Queryget_posts()method would be called multiple times when the query includes several taxonomy terms, resulting in different results. Props to @Chouby.
- Fixes a bug where the checkbox in the customizer about showing the blog page in the breadcrumbs would do exactly the opposite of what it promised. Props to @garrett-eclipse.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet title and meta description fields would still be left-to-right when the site was set to a right-to-left language.