Yoast SEO 17.3 is out today! We’ve revamped the two available SEO workouts. It’s become really easy to identify what content you should optimize. Start cleaning up your website and improve your internal linking structure for optimized results in search engines! If you haven’t tried the SEO workouts yet, now is the time to do so!
- Improvements to the Cornerstone workout:
- Merges the first three steps, allowing users to search and add cornerstone articles from within the workout.
- Improves the step where users can check how well their cornerstones are doing. Cornerstone articles with few links are now listed at the bottom of the table to better indicate they need attention.
- Gives users control over which cornerstones they want to optimize, instead of always only showing linking suggestions for the three least linked cornerstones.
- Loads all data for the workout when the workout is opened instead of on the page load.
- Improvements to the Orphaned workout:
- No longer includes terms (categories / tags) as part of the orphaned workout. In the majority of cases terms are very shallow in content and should be optimized in different ways.
- Fixes a bug where redirect suggestions were fetched for all orphaned articles instead of only when an article is being removed.
- Makes sure the reset button actually resets the entire workout.
- Makes sure linking suggestions in both the Cornerstone and the Orphaned workout no longer include articles which already link towards the article you are trying to optimize.
- Fixes a bug where the sitewide social image was provided to the Algolia search service, instead of the post specific featured image. If you use the social image from the Algolia search results on your search results page, you will have to reindex your Algolia database.
- Fixes a bug where a notification would be shown to redirect a post that was already redirected while trashing it via the Orphaned Content workout.